Learn secrets to creating successful demo reels and websites.
- You'll land jobs based not only on your experience,…but usually on the strength…of your demo reel and your website.…The best voice demos have a number of varied voices…all presented in very short segments.…Just a few seconds of each voice is enough…for a producer or director to know if they like it.…So in your demo, move on quickly so people don't get bored.…You want them to hear as many of your good voices,…your great voices, as possible in a short amount of time.…
In the beginning of your demo reel,…you should also state your name.…As you gain experience,…you could start building various demos…for different types of character uses,…such as announcer samples, or cartoony samples,…dramatic, accents, that type of thing.…So let's take a look at a voice actors site…that's built by an actor I've worked with, Dan Wachs.…Dan has been a professional voice actor…for a number of years.…So he has a lot of samples,…and he's able to really break it down…into specific things that clients might want.…
So when you look at his website,…
- Finding and hiring voice-over talent
- Recording voice-over
- Becoming a professional voice artist
- Recording better line readings
- Creating a demo reel
- Recording your own voice-over projects
- Delivering and backing up audio files
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Auditionwith Scott Hirsch53m 26s Intermediate
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Producing Voice Over
2. Professional Voice Over
3. Voice Over for Your Own Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.