Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Use text animators, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] In addition to animating…a text layer's conventional transform properties,…we can animate the individual characters within the layer…by adding any number of text layer animator properties.…Text animators are unique tool in After Effects…that can help make our motion graphics more dynamic.…In this movie, we'll see why they are powerful…and how they can open the door…to more dynamic text movement.…So here in this first example I've got my animation of text…to its four layers and really the only animation…I've got going is the scaling of this last word.…Everything else is just popping on.…
So we have a popping on, popping on,…the shape layer's animated of course, but text wise,…scaling is the only thing happening here.…So rather than having this first line,…here is a, pop on all together.…Let's go ahead and use text animators…to bring on that text more dynamically.…So let's go ahead and select layer two…and when we twirl that down you'll see here we have text…and over to the right we have animate…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.