Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand keyframe interpolations, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] If you've used your phone's navigation app…to help you find your way,…you know that a lot can happen between point A to point B.…Likewise, a lot can happen between only two key frames.…Key frames are the lifeblood of animation.…Without them, there would be no movement,…no change over time.…Changing a property over time…is essentially what animation is,…but in order to understand how an animation behaves…and what gives it its personality and motion,…we need to understand the how…and why of key frame interpolations.…So, for this movie, I'd just like for you to watch.…There's not really much to follow along with.…
I'd just like for you to take in what's going on here.…In this example, I've got a layer that's just moving across…in a linear fashion.…There's nothing really magical going on here.…It's just two key frames.…Let's click on position.…Now we notice that there's these little dots in between.…So we have key frames that we have set ourselves,…and we said all right, After Effects,…at the very beginning of our composition,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.