There are many types of video cameras out there, from consumer-level camcorders to DSLR and mirrorless systems, to professional grade cameras that cost thousands. Each camera has a role, and determining which one is right comes down to the available features and your budget. In this video, learn some of the features to keep in mind when deciding which type of camera to choose.
- So your going to do a video interview production. … What's the most important part to any video? … Your camera. … In today's market there are many different styles … of video cameras available to you. … They range from camcorders to DSLR and mirror less … systems to cinema quality cameras. … Each has a place and pros and cons … that are associated with it. … We're going to look at four major differences … between these cameras that separate them. … Image quality, audio, functionality and cost. … We're going to have an overview of each one … of these cameras to help you decide … which system may be the right choice for you. … The first one I want to dive into are camcorders. … These things have come a long way … from the old shoulder mount VHS systems … of the 80's and 90's to produce home movies. … Generally speaking, they have a permanently attached lens … and an integrated audio inputs. … The image quality and available features … of the camcorders systems vary greatly … at different price points. …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.