Learn some tips on directing yourself in a voice session.
- There are challenges to recording yourself…and getting the best readings possible.…The biggest issue I usually hear with people…directing themselves is that their readings…have little passion or energy.…You need to really push yourself…to do as great of a job as you can.…Start by reading through a script aloud…a number of times before a session.…Be so familiar with the words…that it comes out easily,…just like you're talking to a friend.…
Now using a teleprompter helps a lot…and you find free prompter apps for your tablet…or your phone anywhere online.…In fact, let's take a quick little look here…at using a teleprompter.…I'm using one for this course.…I'm reading from a teleprompter right now.…I read through this script a number of times…before I started recording,…so I know what I need to say…but this keeps me on track.…And here's a teleprompter that I use here in the studio.…It's just text being projected onto angled glass…and the camera is behind it and it can see through…that glass to you.…
And I'm just using my tablet with an app on it…
- Finding and hiring voice-over talent
- Recording voice-over
- Becoming a professional voice artist
- Recording better line readings
- Creating a demo reel
- Recording your own voice-over projects
- Delivering and backing up audio files
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Auditionwith Scott Hirsch53m 26s Intermediate
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Producing Voice Over
2. Professional Voice Over
3. Voice Over for Your Own Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.