Zack gives an introduction to the concept of ttime blocking– rganizing your tasks into focused blocks of time (also known as The Pomodoro Method. Learn the basic steps needed to set up your first block of time as well as why time blocking is an important habit to develop if you want to maximize productivity.
- [Instructor] With all of the advances in technology…and the infinite number of ways that we can communicate…today, it is a miracle that anything ever gets done, ever.…Between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, news sites,…YouTube, text messages, and especially hours a day of…getting sucked into your email inbox, it can seem…impossible to get any creative work done at all.…In my opinion, the key to maintaining consistent levels…of productivity and focus, is working in…what are called time blocks.…I've written several lengthy blog posts about the…concept of time blocking and I even teach it…at a much deeper level in my Optimize Yourself program.…
But the basic idea behind time blocking is that you…set aside a specific period of time and during that…specific block you only do one creative task.…A common amount of time would be 25 minutes on,…and then you take a five or ten minute break.…So here are the basic steps…to set up your very first time block.…What you want to do, and you can see that right now I'm…inside my Calendar app, you want to pick the time that…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.