Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Talking about selling, part of Making Video 1: Sell Something.
- Selling a product and a business is interesting,…rewarding, and difficult work.…We've already talked a lot about the considerations…that we need to take in understanding the audience,…developing the brand, figuring out what content to include,…making sure that we're aware of how the video will function…in its ultimate home on the web and more.…There really is so much to consider.…But before we go further into planning Lolita's video…I want to talk a bit about this notion of creating…a video whose purpose is to sell a product.…
We're looking at making about a two minute promo…and we're aiming it at a specific audience…in a specific way.…That said, even if we hit the nail on the head perfectly…it's still often difficult to get people's attention…and even harder to get them to actually…open up their wallets.…There are so many distractions online,…a plethora of options, and if your message doesn't capture…and hold attention your customer will be moving on…before you've had a chance to tell them what you're selling.…
- Video workflow and techniques
- Sales fundamentals
- Pre-production basics: planning, script writing, location scouting, and scheduling
- Production basics: interviewing, shooting b-roll, lighting, and sound
- Editing and post-production basics: organization, editing, and refinement