In this video, learn about the key features of the Sony a7', as well as how to set up your gear properly and how to make sure it works correctly, including configuring the best camera settings, how to attach a lens, and how to attach the camera to a tripod.
- At the LinkedIn editorial team, … we've deployed Sony Alpha Mirrorless camera systems … around the world to our different editorial teams. … This camera is a great match between budget, … usability, and picture quality for our news teams. … They're able to film high-quality, professional interviews … with different business CEOs … and other styles of content that they want. … The great thing too, it's a professional stills camera, … so they're able to take professional shots … while they're out on location to add to their articles, … which ups the value of their content. … One feature we really like … about the Mirrorless camera systems … is that it's an interchangeable lens system. … That means you put a different lens … based off the content needs that you may have. … You need that wide angle lens for that certain scene … or that telephoto for a conference? … You're able to use this camera. … With the interchangeable lens system, … you just pop them off, put a new lens on, … and you're ready to go. …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.