There are times when you don’t have your location kit with you, but you do have a powerful camera already in your pocket. Your cellphone is able to shoot great footage if done correctly. In this video, learn some tips and tricks to be successful.
- You're at a meeting, you're at an event, … and you have the opportunity to film an interview, … but you don't have your kit with you. … Are you going to turn down that option? … No, you already have a powerful camera in your pocket: … that's right, your cell phone. … Most of us are carrying around 4K cameras in our pockets, … so we want to learn how to use them. … The same basic principles … to shooting any interview apply here. … You're just changing the type of camera you're using. … Sound, light, and location are the most important things. … They're just accentuated by using a cell phone. … Cell phone cameras have a limited dynamic range … which means how much they see light and dark. … So it's either going to properly expose … any highlights you have in your subject's face, … throwing the rest of the scene in shadow … or properly exposing the entire scene … and making the highlights in their face … completely blown out. … Either way, it's not flattering to your subject. … The next challenge with the cell phone is the audio. …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.