Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Shape layer overview, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Shape layers are a crucial component…of a motion graphic artist's tool set.…Their procedural and non-destructive nature…lets us experiment and animate…the various properties that create them.…In many ways it's a lot like a small version…of Illustrator, directly inside of After Effects.…By grouping these visual blocks we…can create complex pieces to use…in our motion graphics projects.…Here in this movie, we'll take a broad look at…some of the important characteristics that…make shape layers unique.…So one of the first important concepts about shape layers…is to know that they are vector-based images…as opposed to rasterized images.…
Now you may be asking yourself, what is a raster…and what's a vector image?…Well, roughly speaking, vector images…are mathematical representations of an image…versus raster, which is pixel-based.…And so, to help illustrate that…I've got a yellow solid here, which is a rasterized image…created inside of After Effects and on the outside…it looks pretty normal.…Nothing standing out as abnormal until,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.