Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Set type, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] After Effects is home…to one of the most dynamic and powerful…text tools available for motion graphics.…If you've previous experience with the type tools…in Photoshop, then you'll feel right…at home inside of After Effects.…It builds on that foundation and goes much further…with the range of control and options available to you.…So here in this composition, I've got four layers…of text and a simple shape layer,…and I built and laid all this stuff out…inside of After Effects using the type tool.…So let's deconstruct this.…I'm going to pause right here,…and the first thing I'm going to do is switch over…to my window, workspace, text layout.…
And you'll see I have a character panel…and a paragraph panel available to me now.…Let's select this layer three, this word big.…So if you've used Photoshop before,…you'll recognize this character panel.…It's essentially the same thing.…I've got the ability to change out my font,…with this dropdown I can see all the fonts…that are installed on my system.…I can swap out one font for another.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.