Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Collapse transformations, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] There's a magic button of sorts…inside of After Effects that does…a little bit of something cool.…I've heard some people call it the Star Button.…The official name is Collapse Transformations,…or Continuously Rasterize because…the button does two functions.…I'll show you the first one here.…So, I have an illustrator file and…I'm going to go ahead and scale this up to 1,000%.…And as I do, you'll notice that the image quality…starts to degrade pretty quickly.…All these harsh edges, it's like really nasty.…
Well this is an illustrator file, it has vector information,…it's all mathematical, what's the deal?…Well, when we turn on our Star Button,…our Continuously Rasterize Button,…you'll see that it clears up pretty quickly.…And everything is razor sharp again, so what's the deal?…Let's go ahead and go back down to 100%,…and what's happening is that After Effects…is taking that vector information…and rasterizing it, making it bitmap or pixels in this case.…And when we start to scale up and…go to 1,000%, it's taking those pixels,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.