Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Repeating elements, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- Repetition is a fundamental graphic design idea…used throughout motion graphics.…After Effects allows you to take this idea…and repeat shape layers in space…to create new and more complex forms.…Here, we'll take a look at a few different ways…to create a simple flower by use of a shape layer…and something called a repeater.…So here in this example I've got a simple flower shape.…This petal was created by use of a polystar.…And so if I twirl this down, under contents,…this petal, you'll see that we have a polystar shape…that is still live.…And by live, meaning we can still change out…the number of points, can change the inner radius…and outer radius, and we can certainly come up…with different looks for this flower.…
However, let's take a different approach using a repeater.…This approach is going to allow us to basically…expand on this idea and maybe come up with a different look.…So let's switch over to this second composition.…And for the flower repeater,…we're going to create this shape of the flower.…Instead of using the star tool, let's go ahead and…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.