Join Amy DeLouise for an in-depth discussion in this video Quality audio experience, part of Multi-Platform Video Producing.
- Sound is one of the most important tools you have…as a storyteller.…The visuals don't make much sense without sync sound…or without the sounds of the environment…around the characters,…without some music or voiceover or sound effects.…We touched earlier on some of the obstacles…that affect a listener's experience…of the audio part of your story.…Headphones have wide-ranging quality.…Same goes for earbuds and often they're worse.…And many people will watch something…while sharing one earbud with a friend.…
Have you ever seen that?…So, that effectively makes it a mono audio experience.…Even in rooms with large beautiful speakers,…it's really hard to know…what kind of quality you're gonna find…unless you've used that exact space…and those speakers before.…So, what's your solution?…Well, first choose what's your most important…delivery platform and mix your audio for that.…Next, decide if it's worth doing two mixes,…one for the delivery that's your primary source…and then one for maybe smaller screen experience.…
If that's the case,…
- Leveraging storytelling
- Choosing the right frame rate and frame size
- Audio and color considerations
- File storage and DIT
- Budgeting for transmedia delivery
- Ensuring maximum audience engagement
- Making video accessible to all
- Ensuring a quality experience
- Maximizing quality for small screens, social media, and mobile devices
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Appropriate for all
Storytelling for Advertising Campaignswith Stefan Mumaw35m 10s Beginner
1. Leveraging Storytelling for Transmedia Delivery
2. Technical Decisions to Address before Shooting
3. Planning for Transmedia Delivery
4. Obstacles to and Opportunities for a Quality Audience Experience on Multiple Platforms
5. Maximizing Story Impact for Small Screens, Social Media, and Mobile Viewers
6. Maximizing Story Impact for Large Screens
7. Future-Proofing Your Transmedia Project
Archive releases1m 24s
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.