Jem discusses and reiterates the need of consistency of uploading and where your vlog should live. YouTube is the obvious but so is your web site and possible places like FaceBook, Vimeo, etc. Jem also discusses teaser videos or at least creating thumbnails that visually show what the episode is about.
- So now your vlog is ready to go to the outside world…and what do you do?…Well, there's a few things to go over…and things that I think are successful actions…that you can apply on a consistent basis…to not only make it easier for people to find…what it is that you are publishing about…but also to help build your audience.…So the first thing for me is thumbnails.…Whenever somebody sees a vlog come up,…they want to have an idea visually of what that's going to be.…
So in Steven's episode here…and I'm sure he'll do something a little bit different…when he cuts his first vlog together,…I have actually created just a little title over his video…and it says Favorite Old Tools.…Maybe that becomes a segment…that's a recurring segment that he has.…Maybe it's just a one-off for a particular episode.…I'm using the font that he actually uses for his business…so there's brand consistency there…and then I can go ahead and export that as an image file…to my desktop and then when I upload the movie…to a place like YouTube…which creates three thumbnails that you can pick…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog