Overview of three tiers of camera systems for Vlogging. Smart Phones, ActionCam/OSMO and Mirrorless. Viewers should come away with a clear understanding of the when and why of using each tier of camera system. Jem talks about which system Steven choose for his vlog and how you can build up your system to your particular needs.
- Okay, so let's talk about choosing your vlogging camera.…And in fact, this is exactly what I did in depth…with Steven at Make Smith Leather.…We went through different types of cameras…and the pros and cons of those.…So I just wanted to touch on those briefly.…And then in other movies, we're going to talk about…how we can build these different cameras up…in terms of audio and other things like rigs.…So the first camera we're going to talk about is a smartphone…and most of us have one of these in our pockets.…And the great thing is, that they can capture both video…and still images, which can be relevant…for different types of vlogs where you mix the two sometimes…or you only use one or the other.…
They of course have the capability…of capturing audio as well.…And nowadays we can get smartphones that can shoot…in resolutions up to 4K.…There's also a plethora of applications out there…that extend the functionality of what this can do…for both your rear facing camera…and also your front facing camera, which is the one…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog