Learn about recording yourself or others at your own office or studio.
- Whether you're recording some quick scratch tracks…for a project, or finished audio for a project,…you'll want to record it quick and right.…When I create animatics for my projects,…you know video storyboards,…I'll often do all the scratch tracks myself.…Now, I may not have a budget…for actors for personal projects,…but I still want my recordings to sound great.…Remember, you're always judged…by every aspect of what you produce.…
So, one of the things you're going to want to do…is invest in some decent mics, even for your own work.…They don't have to be the best…but you definitely want your stuff to sound great.…One of the first things that people recognize…on low budget production is bad audio,…so don't give them bad audio.…So, one of the other things you're going to want to do…is learn the basics of how to enhance audio…with a program like Adobe Audition.…It's not that hard to learn, here on Lynda.com…and LinkedIn Learning, you can find lots of videos on it.…
You should also treat yourself in a recording session…
- Finding and hiring voice-over talent
- Recording voice-over
- Becoming a professional voice artist
- Recording better line readings
- Creating a demo reel
- Recording your own voice-over projects
- Delivering and backing up audio files
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Auditionwith Scott Hirsch53m 26s Intermediate
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Producing Voice Over
2. Professional Voice Over
3. Voice Over for Your Own Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.