Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Path operators on shape layers, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- After Effects can further manipulate a shape layer…through use of non-destructive effects called…path operators that can deform and distort…our initial shape.…We previously talked about out repeater and trim paths,…arguably the two most important ones.…Here we'll take a look at a few other path operators…and see how they're stacking order is important.…So here in this example I'm just going to take…my pen tool and I'm going to disable my fill.…I'm going to click on the word fill and select none.…And under stroke I'm going to make that say solid color.…
And for my solid color,…white will do,…we'll make it ten pixels wide and in composition window…I'm going to click once at the top left and again…at the bottom right to create a straight line.…We have that straight line in there,…let's go ahead and twirl down our shape layer,…and with it selected I'm going to add in some new…path operators.…Let's start off with wiggle paths,…now wiggle paths when we twirl this down,…we see that it's added a path operator…down here below our shape.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.