Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Parenting, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Speaker] Parenting allows for one layers transformations…to drive the transformations of one or more child layers.…Here, we'll see why parenting is a powerful technique…that allows us to not only be more efficient…in our animations, but also see how it provides…an opportunity to create more complex motions.…So in this first example, here, I've got three nulls.…And each of those nulls has rotation key frames,…and so those rotation key frames go from zero to 45 degrees,…and then back again.…Currently, they're just rotating by themselves.…This sun doesn't have any animation with it.…
If you don't already have it, go ahead and right click on…any one of the columns here and make sure that parent…is enabled that'll expose this parent column here.…So the first thing when we want to parent is…we can select our child layer and either pick whip…or select via the list here the layer…that we'd like to be the parent.…So in this first example, I'm going to select the sun…as my child and then I'm going to pick whip…to the top Left…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.