Zack demonstrates how to organize your next editorial project to maximize efficiency and productivity and minimize the time needed to search for your media. Learn how to organize your main project folders and bins as well as your subfolders inside those bins, and also how to use a numbering system to customize how folders and bins are laid out.
- [Instructor] Let's be honest.…Project organization is definitely one of the…less sexy topics in the world of post.…Everybody wants to learn how to use…all the plug-ins, the effects,…and the various bells and whistles.…But I believe if you truly want to be great…in the room as an editor,…your first step is knowing where your material actually is.…Just imagine a painter sitting with a client.…A client asking, "Can you just add a little more red?"…And the painter saying, "Uh, I'm sorry,…I don't know where my red is right now."…don't make the same mistake,…spending exorbitant amounts of time…searching for footage with a director…or a producer in a room,…when it is possible to have virtually…everything at your fingertips,…as long as you remember where you put it.…
In this lesson, I'm going to show you my system…for organizing materials at the top level of my project.…But I want to emphasize before moving forwards…that this is my system, not the system.…I'm going to throw out suggestions and ideas,…and you can modify as you see fit.…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.
Video Production and Post Tips of the Weekwith Richard Harrington12h 49m Appropriate for all
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
The History of Film and Video Editingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 10m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Trello, GTD, Productivity Tools
Project and Timeline Organization
Inbox zero8m 27s
Project & dailies organization, and going further with GTD and Trello 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.