As a continuation of the concept of time blocking, Zack demonstrates how to efficiently organize, prioritize, and systematically eliminate unwanted and unnecesarry notifications so you can focus on the task at hand, become more efficient, and minimize distractions during your most important creative tasks.
- [Instructor] Previously, I talked about the concept…of time blocking,…and how it can help you skyrocket your productivity…by allowing you to focus intensely on a single task,…and eliminate outside distractions.…But inevitably, if you decide that you're going…to experiment with time blocking,…the first question you'll probably have is,…well, how the heck do I prioritize all…of the different notifications that I get all day long?…My solution is generally to go dark in airplane mode,…and just disappear for 60 minutes at a time.…But for some people, that isn't a practical solution.…
So, in this lesson, I'll briefly break down my suggestions…for prioritizing your various notifications.…Step one, is going through your notifications,…and making a list of all of the most frequently…used notifications, and for a lot of people,…this will be Facebook, Twitter, text messages,…chat apps, all the different ways that you're going to hear…dings, chimes, and noises of any kind whatsoever,…that are going to take your focus away from the creative task,…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.