Learn some simple ways to name and organize your audio files to help your production run smoother.
- Proper naming of your audio files…can save you a huge amount of time in the edit suite.…Now, I'm a stickler for organization.…It saves time in every step of production and in post.…When a script is ready for recording,…you need to number the lines of dialogue.…And programs like Final Draft make that look really easy.…When you record and edit your audio takes,…number them according to the dialogue line numbers.…Always use two or three-digit numbers…so all the files will line up numerically.…
You can see how all of mine line up perfectly…in this sample folder of audio files.…It's also handy to have them organized this way…in my storyboard and animatics software Storyboard Pro.…You can see here all my audio files lined up in my library.…They're all in perfect order that I'm going to need them.…So I simply click and drag the next one…that I need and I can quickly build my animatic.…I start each file with a dialogue line number.…Then I add the character name for visual reference.…And I end the file name with a word or two…
- Finding and hiring voice-over talent
- Recording voice-over
- Becoming a professional voice artist
- Recording better line readings
- Creating a demo reel
- Recording your own voice-over projects
- Delivering and backing up audio files
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Auditionwith Scott Hirsch53m 26s Intermediate
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Intermediate
1. Producing Voice Over
2. Professional Voice Over
3. Voice Over for Your Own Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.