Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Null object parenting, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Man] Taking simple components and building them up…to create something more complex is a common thread…in the visual language of motion graphics.…With compositions, the more layers you have…in a comp, the harder of a time you'll have…trying to control all of them.…Here in this movie, we'll look…at how we can use null objects…to add broader controls to 3D layers.…So here in this composition,…I've got four 3D layers.…I've got a background, a 2D null, and a camera.…And so, if I wanted to move this group of 3D layers,…I can certainly shift-click them all…and move them around.…
However, that's going to be kind of cumbersome…each time I need to pick them up and move them.…I'll have to reselect and this doesn't even…come to address what happens when I need…to rotate everything all together.…I'd have to go through each one…and rotate each one separately.…That sounds really cumbersome.…Let's go ahead and undo that.…Instead, we can take our 3D nulls…and parent them to a null object.…So here, my null here is 2D,…but that doesn't really matter…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.