Learn how to properly name your editorial sequences so you can track versions and revisions properly and hand off to other team members with minimal confusion, and errors. Also learn how to track your various sequences using a specific numbering system and connect them with the corresponding outputs.
- [Instructor] In a previous lesson, I demonstrated…my own personal system for organizing…my media, bins, and folders.…In this lesson, I want to show you my system for naming…my sequences as well as how those sequence names…correspond to my outputs, so I can always track any version…of any cut and never have any notes or ideas…get lost in the shuffle.…It's easy to keep all of your sequences named untitled.01…or untitled.02, but when you are in a hectic…and fast paced environment, your sequence naming…can be the difference between making…or missing a tight deadline.…
So here are my own basic naming conventions…for sequences and outputs.…We're here in the main layout of Avid right now,…and I'm just going to open up a cutz bin and you're going to think…oh, this just looks crazy, but trust me,…I have seen cutz bins that look like this…with names that are Untitled Sequence.01-v03 revised locked,…revised two lock two, copy one.…I've actually seen bins that look like this.…This is the worst way to track your sequences…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.
Video Production and Post Tips of the Weekwith Richard Harrington12h 49m Appropriate for all
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
The History of Film and Video Editingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 10m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Trello, GTD, Productivity Tools
Project and Timeline Organization
Inbox zero8m 27s
Project & dailies organization, and going further with GTD and Trello 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.