Jem discusses using music within a vlog as a stylistic choice. The viewer gets to see parts of Steven's episodes with and without music to show the difference. Jem demos a few tracks as a music bed to show mood and how it affects your vlog. He also talks about courses you can check out to learn more as well as how to make sure your sources are royalty free, purchased, or created for you by a friend.
- To music or not to music,…that is the question.…And it is a question that you need to ask yourself…when you are creating your vlog or vlogs.…And for me, in terms of my episodes,…it's really dependent upon the type of content…that I'm creating and I think it should be for you as well.…I actually have used music in my vlogs…and gotten feedback from subscribers…and from viewers saying they don't like the music.…Sometimes they love the music…and for me, I kind of feel like…if I'm doing something that's very talky to camera…that it isn't really that appropriate…but if I'm doing something that's a montage…or I'm showing behind-the-scenes…and things like that…that it can make a lot of sense.…
But please remember…that you need to have rights to everything that you use.…There are fortunately huge libraries now…of royalty-free music that you can buy and use…in your vlogs and in your other video production work.…And what's really cool about it…is some of that stuff is highly curated.…There are some amazing artists now…contributing to those music sites…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog