Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Motion sketching, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Motion Sketching is a tool…that allows you to add a bit of motion capture…with your cursor inside of After Effects.…The main advantage here is that you can get some…fairly organic motion, as it records your mouse movement…in real time, as well as being able to quickly…rough out position key frames.…With a sketch in place, we can use the smoother inside of…After Effects to simplify the key frames…and fine tune from there.…So here in this composition, I've got some clouds…and I've got another composition with an animation of a fly.…So I'd like for the fly to move about…inside my main composition.…
I'm going to use Motion Sketching in order to do that,…but in order to use it, I do need to have a layer…to sketch onto, so let's go ahead and right click here…and create a brand new solid, and I'm going to keep this…solid size fairly small, 100 by 100,…so that I can kind of see it in the composition window as I…click and drag, moving it about.…If it was any larger, it might be too cumbersome…to see where exactly we are.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.