Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Responsive design: Time, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Responsive design-time is a feature…that allows you to speed up or slow down a composition.…Yet keep the region timing of certain sections intact.…We can protect areas of the composition so that…they aren't affected by any of this time stretching.…So that makes it great for lower third animations…and graphics where you might have to speed up…or slow down depending on the duration of your shot.…So for example, I've got this composition it's got a 15…frame intro and outro, where we have this text coming on,…this yellow box animating on and off.…
Now this whole composition is three seconds.…If I move over to my master comp and drag this pre comp…in here, you can see that this duration is 10 seconds.…And if I want to stretch out my pre comp,…I can do so by holding down option or Alt on PC…and just dragging all out this endpoint.…And now while I fill the entire 10 seconds with content,…you'll also notice that I've changed up the duration…of my intro and outro animation.…It's more now along the lines of a second and a half,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.