Learn some tricks to have a better voice recording session when working long distance.
- What if your budget or your schedule…didn't allow for you to fly in your actors…to record them locally.…Well, you could fly to where your actors are,…but that can also be costly and time consuming.…Luckily, it's easy to direct a voice session,…regardless of how far apart you and your talent may be.…I was recently traveling in Canada,…and I had to direct voice talent for a pilot,…and they were all based in New York City.…So I simply put on my headphones,…and I Skyped into the recording studio…to direct the session, and it worked great.…
And just last week, I Skyped with a local voice actor,…who had his own recording studio.…Now, he was only across town,…but Skype allowed us both to save time.…Now people have used phones to direct…voice sessions for a long time.…I feel that way really is lacking.…I want to see my actors,…and I want to see what they're doing in the booth,…so I can help them get their voices to a better performance.…The reason that's important is because…I can help them with their acting if I can see them.…
- Finding and hiring voice-over talent
- Recording voice-over
- Becoming a professional voice artist
- Recording better line readings
- Creating a demo reel
- Recording your own voice-over projects
- Delivering and backing up audio files
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Auditionwith Scott Hirsch53m 26s Intermediate
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Intermediate
1. Producing Voice Over
2. Professional Voice Over
3. Voice Over for Your Own Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.