This video is an overview of all the different lighting solutions for shooting vlogs. You should come away with an understanding of why lighting is important and also how to use natural light for their Vlogs. Jem also talks about some of the solutions Steven used in his vlog for Make Smith Leather Co. like using a piece of diffusion for a window.
- Okay, so let's go ahead and talk about…one of my absolute favorite subjects which is lighting.…In fact I have two courses in the LinkedIn Learning Library…specifically on that topic, Cinematic Video Lighting…and Advanced Cinematic Video Lighting.…And there are other basic courses…that are in the library that you can check out,…but I want to talk to you a little bit…about lighting in relationship to vlogging.…When we went up to Make Smith and we talked to Steven…and we took a look at the shop,…we noticed that there was beautiful natural light.…And for me, using natural light makes a lot of sense…when you're vlogging because it's always there.…
What we did is we looked at different spaces…where he could shoot his vlog,…he decided on one particular space for his first episode,…and what we did is we just took a piece of fabric…which you could source from any kind of craft store…and we clamped that to the outside of the shop.…So just outside of the window, and what that did…is it diffused the light that was coming in through…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog