Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Lalita's finished video, part of Making Video 1: Sell Something.
- So now that we've seen the pre-production, actual production and the post-production that went into the Eleda's video, let's check out her final edit. - So my goal is to bring beautiful hip pieces of nature into people's everyday lives and I get to do that everyday, with Wood Inspire. So many of us really love the way a room feels when you bring nature into it and being able to hear from my customers that the beautiful displays bring joy to their homes, really brightens my day. So a lot of my work is centered around air plants and they're really making a comeback from about a couple decades ago.
They're just wonderful little plants that you don't need soil, all you need is just the full spectrum lamp, a window and then, a little bit of spray from a bottle about twice to three times a week. And because they don't need soil, it gives me the flexibility to create some really unique pots and air plant displays that everybody can love. My products are 100% handmade, I start with a block of wood and then I imagine what the finished product is going to look like and then I start creating. After drilling the hole and sanding the piece, I hand paint and varnish it.
Choosing the air plant is my favorite part because each of my pieces are unique and matching the air plant with the pot, really, really excites me. In addition to wood pots, I also create driftwood displays, magnet holders and more. My goal is to get people really, really passionate and excited about these fun, wonderful plants. I often get reviews from customers that say their items ship really fast and then, how the products look just like on my website and I think that's really, really important. My background is originally in professional photography so I'm really mindful in the photos I take.
No matter what, I'll continue to put the love and care into my products and that is why I love doing what I do. I want anyone who wants a fun, creative hip piece of nature to come visit my shop and find something awesome. (lively musiC)
- Video workflow and techniques
- Sales fundamentals
- Pre-production basics: planning, script writing, location scouting, and scheduling
- Production basics: interviewing, shooting b-roll, lighting, and sound
- Editing and post-production basics: organization, editing, and refinement