Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to the Graph Editor, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Animation is represented in After Effects…in a few different ways.…We see an animation taking place in the Composition window,…where our layers move around the screen,…and we see an animation expressed…as keyframes in the timeline…via the default layer bar mode,…where layers appear as colored bars…that are stacked on top of each other.…After Effects has another method to visualize our animation…in what's known as the Graph Editor.…And so, to get to the Graph Editor,…let's click on this button right here.…And you notice, there's nothing in here,…and that's because we have to have a layer selected…with a property that has keyframed animation.…
So let's select our position keyframes here,…and this is just our linear base runner guy…that runs across.…And it's important to note that…the Graph Editor is a place where…the interpolation keyframes can be viewed…as either a speed change,…how fast an animation is taking place,…or as a change in value for a given parameter.…So really, it has two functions,…this Graph Editor and this view…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.