Without good audio, an interview is useless. The Sony a7 has a hot shoe that enables an XLR audio module to be attached and transmit an audio signal to the camera. In this video, learn how to attach the K2M unit, how to set it up, and how to use it.
- These days, we're watching content … on a variety of different screens, … cell phone, laptop, desktop, airplane, even a Jumbotron. … They all have different viewing experiences. … Think about the last time you were watching … a video on your cell phone and the image … went blurry because it was being buffered. … Happened to me this morning on my way to work. … The one thing that wasn't affected was the audio. … A viewer won't forget that audio … because we're so used to having clear audio on our videos. … So this goes to you, as the filmmaker, … to provide that good audio content for your viewer. … What does that mean? … Using a high-quality mic. … There are four miccing systems that we can basically … go over that can cover all of your options. … The first is a lav mic or lapel mic. … This clips directly onto your subject, … and provides a nice, isolated pick up … to the sound of their voice. … You'll hear some stuff around, … but it'll be mainly their voice. … It's great for loud situations …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.