There is a checklist you should always use before you hit that record button. In this video, learn how to double check settings, check the audio, make sure SD card is inserted and formatted, and so on.
- The moment of truth is almost here. … Your subject's going to walk through the door. … I go through a checklist … before every single interview I film. … First and foremost, I double check memory cards. … One, make sure you have them. … Cameras can't record without them. … If you have them, … make sure they're formatted and ready to go. … If you think the interview's going to run long, … have a second set ready to go, … so you can swap in when needed. … Next is batteries. … Camera batteries and mic batteries. … Make sure they are at full power … and you have enough to last you the entire interview. … The last thing you want to happen is to run out of juice. … Double check your framing. … You subject walks in. … They may change your frame. … They may put a briefcase down, … place a cup of coffee on the table, you never know. … Double check to make sure it looks … the way you want it to look. … Check your white balance and exposure. … The sun may have moved since you set up. … Just double check it looks the way you want it to. …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.