Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tune with the Graph Editor, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] The graph window offers…a more in-depth look…at the interpolations between key frames.…It's here that adjusting the values…can fine tune how your motion behaves.…Here we'll continue to look…at how to utilize the two different views…of the graph editor,…the value graph and the speed graph.…In this example,…I've got a simple diamond that I'd like to move…from left to right,…and so I'll twirl this down,…look for my transform position property,…and you'll notice with this property,…both X and Y are tied together.…After Effects does allow us to split this out,…and if we right click on position,…you'll find that we have separate dimensions…available to us.…
And now we have two distinct parameters…that we can key frame independently…of one another.…So at frame zero,…I'm going to click my stopwatch,…create a key frame at the X position here,…and come down to frame 30.…And let's click and drag.…I'm going to hold down shift as I do…to constrain that motion.…So with my X position selected,…lets go ahead and jump into the graph editor.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.