When it comes to vlogging, a camera, audio, and lighting aren't enough. Editing is a big part of making a successful vlog. Jem talks laptops, external hard drives, and different types of editing systems like final cut pro, iMovie, FCPX, and Premiere Pro and lots of other editing systems you can use.
- Post production.…This is where we put it all together,…and this is not about how to edit.…There are plenty of courses in…the LinkedIn Learning Library that will teach you that.…It's also not about using a particular NLE…or nonlinear editing application to edit your vlog,…but it is about some of the basics…and some of the things you should be thinking about…once you start to bring your footage in,…you start to review it, and also some of the things…that you should have available to you…when you are editing your vlog.…
So the first thing is that with Steven,…we wanted to determine, sort of…the lowest point of entry for him.…He's done a little bit of editing in the past.…It's not something he's super comfortable with,…and he also didn't want to make a huge investment.…So we decided that for him because he's Mac-based…that iMovie would be a good place to start.…It has a lot of features inside of it,…and he can also move up to an application…like Final Cut Pro 10 if he wants to in the future.…You could also edit in Premiere Pro,…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog