Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create write-on paths, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Animating paths and strokes are…an essential technique for altering shapes…or other elements as if they were…being written on or erased off.…A shape layer's trim path operator…is a widely used After Effects tool that can achieve this.…Here, we'll take a look at some of trim path's…more powerful features to illustrate…what it brings to the toolset.…So previously, we built our flower based off of…a circle shape and repeater, but the stem itself…was created with the Pen tool, and if we twirl this down,…we see a shape and path.…
Let's go ahead and turn on our shape path visibility…and reframe this so we can see…the individual points that make this up.…So I have my selection tool enabled,…and I'm going to click and drag around…these different points, and you'll notice…that my path is treating the overall shape,…the overall form of this stem,…but the overall look, that's something different.…That comes from the stroke, so the stroke operator here,…if I twirl this up and come down to Stroke,…you'll notice that I have control over my color,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.