Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create looped animation with expressions, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator] After effects offers…a powerful expression system…that can help simplify certain tasks and automate others.…The world of expressions goes quite deep,…but even as you're starting on your journey,…it can definitely benefit you to learn a few of the basics.…They can speed up your workflow…by reducing the need for manual key frames.…So for now,…let's focus on how to create key framed animation loops.…So here in this example,…I've got a box that's animated up, down and back up again.…So over the course of those three key frames,…I'd like to loop this animation somehow…and we can do that through the use of Loop Out Expressions.…
So in order to enable expressions,…we have to first select the property that we have,…key frames that we'd like to loop,…and over here by the stopwatch,…let's option click that,…by option clicking…you'll notice that these values then turn red.…We have a new expression parameter,…and here we have a text field.…Let's go ahead and delete that.…And this is where we going to enter in our Loop Out Expression.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.