Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and animate masks, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] The process of hiding and revealing…portions of a layer's content on screen…is vital in the visual language of motion graphics.…In After Effects, we can do this by use of masks.…Masks are like virtual scissors inside of After Effects,…where we can non-destructively…cut out sections of our layer.…A layer can have one or more masks…and can either be static or animated.…Here we'll take a look at how to create masks…and how to animate them.…So here in this first example I've got a ta-dah, mask.…But the shape of a mask is actually created with…the use of After Effects masks.…
So let's go head and look at this layer here, layer two.…This is nothing but a solid layer,…it's just if I double click and open this up…into the layer window, you'll see that…it's a solid black layer and in this black layer…I've got one, two, three, masks.…If you don't already have it enabled,…go ahead and hit this button here to enable…toggle mask and shape path visibility.…And that'll show you these lines here, these dots.…Those are our masks.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.