Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create 3D geometry, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Narrator} Enabling the Cinema 4D Renderer…in a composition allows for extrusions,…among other added parameters for our 3D layers.…We cannot only extrude text layers inside of After Effects,…but we can also extrude shape layers.…So here in this empty composition, I'm going to go…up top here to my rectangle tool,…and let's go ahead and create a 2D shape-layer square.…So we'll use this white fill.…I'm going to Shift, click and drag to create a square.…And then I'm going to come up here,…using that same shape layer, we'll switch over…to the ellipse tool to create a circle.…
And one more, I'll go ahead and grab the star tool…and we'll click and drag here to create a star.…Going to switch to my selection tool and just move…these guys around a little bit in this screen,…somewhere in there.…So this is pretty straightforward, just two or three shapes…inside one shape layer. It's all 2D.…Let's go ahead and enable our 3D layer.…And, if it's not already, go ahead and ensure that you…have the Cinema 4D Renderer enabled here,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.