Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Master properties, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Master Properties are a great…new workflow addition to After Effects…and can dramatically change how you work.…They work along with the Essential Graphics panel…and offer users a method for both overriding and versioning.…This means that we can tweak…existing animation non-destructively…and create different versions of an animation…without having to create duplicate compositions first.…Let me show you what I mean.…In this example, I have a box,…and I'm going to animate it moving from left to right.…So with layer one selected, I'll hit p…and insert a keyframe.…Down at one second later,…I'm going to nudge this over to the right-hand side.…
And here's our simple animation.…Now I'd like to take this Position parameter…and add into my Essential Graphics panel.…If you don't already have this open,…you can find it here under Window, Essential Graphics.…Now I'm going to define the master comp here…by selecting my Box Move from this drop-down list,…and now I can add my Position parameter inside here.…Now there's other parameters that I want to be able…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.