Choosing what your vlog is about is important. Jem talks about finding the overall subject matter or topic that a vlog is all about.Find something related to what people are doing professionally that they are interested in vlogging about. Passion is key. So is an ongoing interest in what is being vlogged about. In this course, focus will be on vlogging for business but that doesn't mean it has to be in a traditional corporate environment.
- All right, so let's talk about choosing…what your vlog is going to be about.…And, to me, this is really the first question…that you have to ask yourself.…And also, if you're going to choose vlogging,…remember that it's not doing this.…It's not getting up in front of a table every week…or in the same place.…And, for instance, if I was going to do…equipment reviews for video production…and I did that every single week,…to me that's not a vlog.…A vlog is very personal.…It's moving around.…It's going to different locations.…
You might have a home base,…but it's really about letting people see inside…of what your business is about.…And the personal part of it…is the thing that you have to decide.…How much of your personal life becomes part of the vlog?…Some people let a lot of their personal life…into the vlog that they're doing…for their actual business and their brand…or how little of that.…And I found that balance for me in terms of the C-47,…occasionally I'll bring in one of my kids…and they might be talent for one of my episodes.…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog