Being on camera requires you to think about certain aspects such as what you are wearing, what to do with your hair, and if you should wear jewelry. In this video, learn the behavioral things that work and don't work on camera.
- So you want to be on camera, huh? … Just sitting down asking some questions, right? … Well, it's not that easy. … Interviewers like Dan Rather or Katie Couric are pros. … They're seasoned veterans. … They've had years of practice. … They're able to engage with their guests, … ask great follow-up questions, and have a rapport. … That is what you have to do, … but you also have to look the part. … So what do you wear? … If you're interviewing that indy rocker, … a tux may not be the right thing. … Interviewing the CEO about a new brand initiative? … Shorts and flip-flops may not be right. … Wear what's comfortable to you, … but also fits the context of the interview. … Make sure you sit up with good posture. … Any slouching will be accentuated on camera. … Now, what to do with your hands. … I move around a lot, I like to use my hands. … But try to keep a strike zone, … your shoulders down to your waist. … Move in this area, and you won't be going off camera, … and you won't be hitting your guest in the face. …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.