This video is an overview with examples of shooting additional content for your vlogs so that you can really show the audience what you are talking about. B-roll, inserts, product shots, etc. Jem talks about the importance of getting insert shots and what b-roll and inserts even means.
- All right, so you've shot your vlog,…or so you think you have…because one of the things that you can do…to really increase your production value…and also help your audience tremendously…is shoot B-roll.…It's all the other little bits…that get cut with your main footage.…And you're used to seeing this all of the time,…in fact in a professional video production environment,…we very oftentimes shoot with not one…but two, three, or even sometimes four cameras.…
And it lets us do things like get B-roll,…for instance in this case,…when I pick up this lens…and we get what's called an insert shot.…So, we go from that wider shot,…and then of me picking up this lens…and showing you something.…Sometimes we use something called a cutaway…where somebody's speaking and they're saying,…"You know, we really love those birds…"that are behind me,…"because they make this whole environment sound amazing."…And then we cutaway to a shot of the birds.…You have to think about getting that shot.…
If you don't have it,…then it's just somebody saying…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog