Now that the camera is set up, you will need to be able to hear your guest. In this video, learn how to mic them using the lav mic, confirm you have signal, and confirm it sounds correct.
- The key for getting good audio during your interview? … Placing your mics correctly. … We've been talking about two miking systems. … Boom mics lav mics. … First, let's talk about boom mics. … Here, I have a boom directly attached to the K2M Audio Unit. … This mic actually comes with the unit … and is a great add-on if you're going with Sony … and you're starting to build out your kit. … This mic, while sounding great, … is a little bit far away from our subjects, … so we're going to hear a lot of the room, … and it may not provide the best audio. … But it's 100% still usable. … If you have the budget, … I highly suggest getting an extension cable for that mic, … or an additional boom mic that you can put on a boom pole. … This brings the mic closer to your subject, … isolating the audio more, … and having it sound richer and fuller. … To place a boom mic correctly next to your subject, … you want to have it just above their head out of frame. … To get the proper distance I like to have …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.