Jem breaks down the mics that can be used for vlogging. From a wireless lav, to a wire lav, mics that come with a camera, etc. Audio is really important to your vlog, almost as much as the video. You need to be able to be heard clearly in order to create a great vlog. Jem goes over the advantages and disadvantages of each solution.
- Let's talk about audio,…but before we do that,…let's talk about the elephant in the room…which is, obviously,…if you take a look at me right now,…I don't have the beard. Why?…Well, it's production,…and sometimes things happen in production…so we decided to reshoot this movie,…I'm actually glad that we did because we're outside,…and that's really where I want to talk about audio anyway.…What I'm going to do is take you down the line here.…Where going to talk about the different rigs…that we are using for vlogging,…and I'm going to be talking to you about…some different mic solutions,…and things that you should be thinking about…for those applications.…
The first one here is the smart phone,…and what we're going to do with that…is not rely upon the internal microphone.…I have this little mic here.…It's called the VideoMic Me,…and that just goes right into the mic jack…of your smart phone.…Was really nice about this…is you can flip it in either direction…and I'm just going to go ahead and put this in a piece on here,…
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog