Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate type on a path, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] In After Effects type can be set…in any number of ways according to your design needs.…And sometimes that requires type to conform to a shape…other than a straight line.…So here in this movie we'll take a look…at how to use paths to shape our text.…So here in this example I've got the beginnings…of a TextCar that's created…with a rectangle and a trapezoid…and obviously what's missing is the wheels.…So we're going to create that using circles…and with the word circle.…So let's go ahead and click down here…to create a brand new composition…and we'll call this one circle, we'll say OK.…
And over here we have no text,…so let's add some text.…I'm going to come over here to my Text Tool…and with Gill Sans selected…and white type I'm just going to start over here…and here we're going to type the word circle a few times.…So C-I-R-C-L-E.…And I'm going to space this out a little bit by hitting Tab.…So circle, Tab, circle, Tab.…All right, we'll space that out a little bit…and you'll see why in a second.…Go ahead and click out to accept those changes.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.