Lav mics are used to get the best sound possible from an interview guest. In this video, learn how to properly use a lav, attach it to the K2M, double check the frequency, and make sure the mic is working correctly.
- My favorite mic to use in most interview situations … is a lavalier mic. … This is the kind of mic … that clips directly onto your subject, … providing a nice isolated audio pattern, … so you're not getting a lot of … the other sound from the room. … For this example in this course, … we're using Sennheiser EW-100's. … You can use any brand. … The features are all exactly the same. … This is just what we have, and what we deploy to our teams. … Every lav mic system, regardless of brand, … usually comes with four components. … The mic, the transmitter pack, the receiver pack, … and the audio connection cable. … The mic goes into the transmitter pack. … On the Sennheisers it's labeled mic and line. … The receiver pack is labeled with AF out. … That connects to your audio cable, … which then connects to your camera. … There're two things I always check before I leave the office … to go out onto a shoot. … That's fresh batteries. … These take double A batteries, … so you can use any standard alkaline batteries, …
- Picking the right gear
- Setting up audio
- Key features of the Sony a7
- Lighting your interviews with natural light
- Exterior and interior shooting
- Setting up the audio
- Properly framing your subject
- Interviewing off camera
- Shooting on smart phones
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting a Video Interviewwith Richard Harrington2h 28m Intermediate
Mastering Common Interview Questionswith Valerie Sutton56m 14s Intermediate
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Intermediate
1. Choosing the Right Gear
2. Setting Up the Location
3. Setting Up the Interview
4. Shooting B-Roll
5. Variations on a Theme
6. After the Interview
Backing up SD card1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.