Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Alter speeds with time remapping and other techniques, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Adjusting keyframes for an animation…until it's just right, can seem like hard work.…Sometimes you like the timing of an animation, but overall…it needs to be sped up or slowed down.…Sometimes you need it to loop or ping pong.…Here we'll take a look at a few different techniques…that allow us to retime our animation.…So here in this example I've build this composition…using some shape layers, and you'll notice…that the keyframes kind of end at frame 50,…where everything stops and then we just linger…for another 50 frames.…So let's go ahead and select all these layers,…and come here to layer, or I'm sorry animation,…reveal properties with keyframes, so we can see…all the keyframes in question.…
I'm going to raise this up a little bit, make some room…for our timeline, and we learned previously…that we can select a group of keyframes and alter the timing…of that selection just by holding down option…and then click-dragging the outermost selected keyframe.…So now I've slowed down this animation,…and conversely I can speed up the animation.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019: New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.