Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Overview of the encoding workflow
- Setting preferences
- Creating, importing, and working with custom presets
- Streaming basics and best practices
- Producing H.264 for Flash, Silverlight, HTML5, and QuickTime
- Using VP6 and WMV
- Producing for optical disc
- Adaptive streaming
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, my name is Jan Ozer and I'm an author, a trainer, and a video producer. And for over 15 years, I've been teaching people how to master the art and science of video compression. Ten years ago if you could produce a DVD, you could satisfy the needs of many if not most of your viewers. Today almost all producers need to output video for their websites, YouTube, smart phones, and other devices. While Adobe Media Encoder's a great tool for these targets, most producers need help navigating encoding parameters like profile and level and figuring out optimal encoding parameters for their audience, site, and content.
This workshop starts with an introduction to streaming, defining terms like bandwidth, resolution, and streaming, and the like to help you get fully up to speed with any of these concepts that might be new to you. A section on the best practices of streaming producers then helps you learn from the pros by detailing the encoding practices of major corporate and broadcast sites complete with bandwidth and other file format details. We'll also dive into a comprehensive review of H.264, BP6, and Windows Media encoding parameters, as well as producing for devices like the iPad and Droid.
After working through these tutorials, you'll be familiar with all Adobe Media Encoder configuration options for all relevant players, including Flash, Silverlight, and Windows Media. Let's face it, you can't be an effective video producer today without knowing how to prepare your video for the web. This course will show you how to use Adobe Media Encoder effectively. And more generally, it will demystify video encoding so that you can deliver an optimized video experience for your viewers.