Join Jem Schofield for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of corporate project, part of Advanced Cinematic Video Lighting.
- Okay, so we're onto our next project…and we're here in the shop in Carpinteria,…and I'm really excited about this because this…is documentary and corporate lighting,…and that can be so many things nowadays.…It doesn't have to be one thing or another,…and I'm going to be showing you different examples…of things in this project, but one of the things…I want you to be thinking about is being a little bit…unconventional sometimes, and you'll see…that I'm making choices here having to do…with our framing and composition and lighting,…moreso from a framing and composition standpoint though…that does push more in the unconventional.…
So what I want you to do is take a look…at a little bit of footage that we shot…for the corporate part of the project,…and then, we'll come back and we'll start…to break down everything that we did.…(soft music)…- When we came here to Carpinteria…at the Linkedin stages, it was 2011.…It was brand-spanking new, and we had four sound stages…that were just state-of-the-art.…We we're all excited.…
In this project-based course, producer, DP, and educator Jem Schofield of theC47 guides you through three different production scenarios: a narrative scene, a commercial project, and a corporate project. As in his original course, Cinematic Video Lighting, Jem doesn't just talk at you about lighting concepts, he appears on set with a crew, taking you through each project scenario and breaking down the creative decisions that helped accomplish the look and feel of each production. He goes into the equipment, space, and of course, the lighting setups for each project.
- Lighting large spaces
- Creating mood with lighting and color
- Lighting products within a scene
- Lighting outside environments
- Shooting actor close-ups
- Lighting with professional and natural lights